Friday, February 3, 2012

Empty... in more ways then one

Today was the day we we're dreading, but yet half expecting. We went to our ultrasound this morning to find that the sac is less than half the size of what it was last Friday and empty. This is just heartbreaking after everything that has happened the last few weeks. I think we both thought that this is where the pregnancy was going, it just sucks that it took so long and so many ups and downs to get here.

The doctor said its just a few mm and should pass on its own soon and I had another beta drawn to see if my numbers go down (now 3327, although I have no idea if that has come down at all since the  last one they did was only 648). I would assume they are dropping since the sac shrank and I feel like my symptoms are dissipating. I just want to start a new cycle at this point. The doctor (RE) was talking about starting testing, which I know is why we went there in January, but now I feel like I just need some time before I start all of that. I am content to know that I CAN get pregnant and just think I need a few months on my own to see what happens and heal emotionally from everything that has happened.

It's also hard because I feel like I really don't have anyone to talk to. We have told some of our friends about TTC and the fact that I am/was pregnant, but when they find out all that has happened it makes me feel like I have a disease that is contagious. I realize that it's only because they really don't know what to say, but it still makes me feel really lonely. Randy is very supportive and I know he's upset too, but he doesn't talk much and he really doesn't know/understand how I feel and all the emotional/hormonal stuff going on (hell I don't either!).

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I am in the same boat and it sucks. Maybe we can be a comfort to each other. T&P's are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reply. So sorry that this is so late, I just saw that the comment was posted. I am so sorry that you are going through this as well :( This is something that no one should have to go through, ever. Please feel free to talk to me at any time. Thinking of you {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete