Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Holding out hope?

I had another u/s on Feb 9th which showed that the sac got bigger so the doctor said I need a d&c, which is what I was thinking was going to end up happening. Since this doctor is at a fertility center she told me that the OR schedule basically revolves around the IVF patients because of the time sensitivity of it (which I totally understand) but at the same time they basically told me that they could not give me a time and date until the day before they could fit me in the OR schedule because it depended on how many egg retrievals they had, and if they had too many they wouldn't add me onto the schedule. I feel that this is a bit ridiculous! I mean I get the IVF patients are timed, but this made me feel like I wasn't important enough to be included in a timely manner. That my situation was less important.

I called my OB's office in order to schedule my yearly and the lady on the other end asked how things were going (she could see that I had been in the office in Sept and that my OB had put me on clomid) and I broke down crying. So she had me explain everything to her and she talked to me until I calmed down then told me she would talk to the doctor and either she or the doc would get back to me that day. My OB called around lunch time and talked to me about what I had told the office manager earlier and said that it did sound like I would need the d&c since I should be about 2 months along and all they are seeing is a sac. He said that they could do it at the local hospital and they were able to get me booked on a day that will work for me and my husband on Feb 17th. They defiantly helped me feel better and taken care of then just sitting around waiting to see when I may be able to get in and taken care of.

I see the doctor (at my OB) on Wed. the 15th. I am going to ask him to do another ultrasound. It may make me sound crazy, but I just can't go through with a d&c without knowing for sure. I still have no symptoms, no bleeding no cramping and my beta numbers are still increasing, they were 3327 on Feb 3 and 8139 on Feb 13. So I guess although they are going up they really only went up 4800 in 10 days, which isn't really a good increase. I guess I'm just not ready to give up hope just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment